Do you have a global mindset?
Consider your ability to work globally.
Assess the key competencies that employers seek, and how you evidence and make use of the key abilities.
Student Insight- securing roles in home countries
- Conducting effective research
- Explore your target industry
- Understand the key growth areas in your chosen industry
Advice on returning home
- Explore the skills you can promote from your UK studies
- How to network with employers ahead of returning
- Ensuring you fit with the culture and standards back home
Further ideas to improve your chances back home
- Show your leadership and ability to take responsibility
- Find your own definition for success
- Don’t be too specific in what you want
- Stand up for yourself
Adapting your CV
- Explore how to meet employer expections
- Consider how to develop an effective layout.
- Research how to adapt your CV for different countries.
What employers want from international students
Listen to an employer’s view on what is most looked for in a high quality international candidate.
Interviews in other languages
- Overcoming language fears
- Developing your confidence when talking to employers
- Delivering answers that connect with employers.